Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Office Supplies, Office Furniture and Computer Stuff Discounts When You Join the Local Chamber? [aboutcomputer99.blogspot.com]

Office Supplies, Office Furniture and Computer Stuff Discounts When You Join the Local Chamber? [aboutcomputer99.blogspot.com]

SpinChimp - The Professional Spinner

This Video covers how to power on your 3K RazorBook 400 and how to connect to the internet using either a LAN or wireless LAN connection

aboutcomputer99.blogspot.com 3K Computers RazorBook 400 Demonstration

Not long ago, I joined a Chamber of Commerce locally and one of the perks was 20% discount at a major Retail Office Supply Box Store. That sounded pretty good and certainly added to my reason for joining. Later, I learned that the actual deal would help a small business save on average 15-20% of their office expenditures at this certain office supply, computer and office furniture store.

Indeed, when I inquired how to get my discount from the Chamber of Commerce, they sent me to a website to sign up with the Office Depot Company. Soon after, I get an email from them wishing to set up a sales appointment to take a look at my office supply needs. Hey, wait a minute, I just want my discount, I do not wish to meet with a salesperson.

Of course, like most small businesses I do buy some of my office supplies from Office Depot, or rather I did. The past year, I have bought two laptops, $ 500 + in software and various other things like filing cabinets and supplies . Yes, they talked me into a rewards card that I filled out, only later to learn I did not get any credit for the purchases of the computers or computer software. Apparently, unbeknown to me, they no longer give it out for computers or computer software, so I am S.O.L. on that.

However, the new deal with the chamber discount has added bonuses, the salesman tells me by email. And I need to meet with him to see what I want a discount on. Well, everything in the store, dah! Isn't that what they promised? Of course he tells me:

I have the members send me a list of items and customize a list that is tailored to their specific business needs. I also inform members that if they are going to buy tech, call me first because we have a division named TechDepot that are able to get lower prices on all technology including software. You spoke of the "Consumer Rewards" program. The Chamber program is far more aggressive in pricing then the Rewards. My division has nothing to do with the Rewards program, that is an in-store program."

Okay, well, I already found out the hard way that we got shafted on our rewards miles for the computers and software. But, now I am suppose to forget all that and go for some new deal, since I am a member of the chamber of commerce? Wow, I am still getting over the last time I did business with this company. Moral of the story; Small Business need to be careful not to be tricked by big box store Office Supple rewards programs; it's not what it seems.

Find More Office Supplies, Office Furniture and Computer Stuff Discounts When You Join the Local Chamber? Issues

Question by crazybauy: I'm 17. Can I work for office depot dealing with computers? i had a 2nd interview yesterday and they told me they gotta check if a 17 yr old can work with computers there? CAN I? Best answer for I'm 17. Can I work for office depot dealing with computers?:

Answer by Go Cubs Go
Yes you can. You probably know more about them than the other employees.

[office depot computers]

0 comments:

Post a Comment