Friday, August 3, 2012

Classic Computer Games Or a Bestseller? [aboutcomputer99.blogspot.com]

Classic Computer Games Or a Bestseller? [aboutcomputer99.blogspot.com]

Question by : What are your top ten, favorite Nancy Drew computer games? Give me your top ten games and why you like them! Best answer for What are your top ten, favorite Nancy Drew computer games?:

Answer by •Poppy• ♥Aussies
Haha. Hard :) 1) Danger on Deception Island; love the characters and the setting 2) The Curse of Blackmoor Manor; I love how this one is long, challenging, but not TOO challenging. 3) The Final Scene; for the same reason as #2. I also love the characters/settings. 4) The Haunted Carousel; it's an easy going fun game to play. 5) The Secret of Shadow Ranch; great setting, mystery, characters, etc. Fantastic. 6) Message in a Haunted Mansion; actually really creepy. First game I ever played. 7) Treasure in the Royal Tower; I love the castle, and Professor Hotchkiss :) 8) Secret of the Old Clock: another one that's just fun to play 9) Phantom of Venice; one of the newer games that can hold a candle to the older ones. 10) Warnings at Waverly Academy; again, it's a fun newer game that compares to the older ones. Secrets Can Kill would have made the list, but I'm not a fan of the graphics or the two-disk format; luckily, they're producing a remastered version to come out in August, which I know I'll love.

Answer by Danielle
1) Treasure in the Royal Tower: Hotchkiss and Marie Antoinette 2) Secret of the Scarlet Hand: MAYAN HISTORY! 'Nuff said. 3) Stay Tuned for Danger: Loved the whole bomb/death threats/ sneak around thing. 4) Final Scene: Kidnapping, magic, and trap doors. What's not to love? 5) Message in a Haunted Mansion: Great characters, puzzles, and a little creepy. 6) Phantom of Venice: SCOPA! Italian accents! Spying, good puzzles, and minigames. 7) Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake: Just love it. I don't know why. 8) Curse of Blackmoor Manor: Weird rituals, alchemy, hard puzzles, and LouLou! 9) Secret at Shadow Ranch: Sooo much fun stuff to do... horses, hidden treasure, cooking. 10) Danger at Deception Island: Whales, lighthouses, and clams... mm-mm.

Answer by Erin
Haha this is a hard one, took me forever to decide 1.)Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon- Hardy Boys and Ghosts 2.)Secret of Shadow Ranch- based of one of my favorite Nancy Drew books 3.)Curse of Blackmoor Manor- Love the setting and the puzzles 4.)Message in a Haunted Mansion- Really creepy and creative 5.)Phantom of Venice- same as Curse of Blackmoor Manor 6.)Treasure in a Royal Tower- Love Marie Antoinette inspired mystery and Hotchkiss 7.)Secret of the Old Clock- Loved going back in time and based of another amazing Nancy Drew book 8.)Danger on Deception Island- Andy STILL freaks me out and fun setting 9.)Final Scene- Liked the setting and the characters. Plus the mystery was fun and challenging 10.)The Haunted Carousel- Wasn’t to hard but wasn’t to easy, and had fun setting. Would have put them all on the list if I could :D

[top computer games]

What is the difference between classic computer games and best-seller computer games? Classic computer games are a matter of personal choice and taste and are unlikely to be in any list of best selling games.

Computer gaming is a multi-billion dollar industry where over two billion video game titles have been sold. Below, we examine the top five best selling video games of all time including a title that sold over 20 million copies. Some of these games may surprise you.

1. Pokemon Red Blue and Green. A role-playing game. 2. Super Mario Brothers 3. A platform arcade style game. 3. The Sims. A life simulation game. 4. Nintendogs. A pet simulation game. 5. Pokemon Gold and Silver editions.

See what I mean? Are any of these money-spinners classics to you? Not to me as I can only call to mind three video games when asked to name ones that really got under my skin. Remember the very first ´Defender´ arcade game? Where rank upon rank of ali en invader marched down the screen towards your defensive position and you had to shoot them down. Bonus points were earned if you could take out the occasional mother ship that flew across the top of the screen at random intervals. I tell you nothing could beat the satisfaction of getting your tag to top spot of the all time greats list of Defender players. Only to have to do it all again time and time because you were way down the ranks next time you returned to the arcade. I wish I had dime for every game I played back then instead of giving all my dimes to games company.

My second classic computer game was a little known platform game called ´Dig Dug´. I don't know what it was about this game that kept my work colleagues and I going back to the keyboard time after time, trying for the next level and top spot. It was a PC based platform type game. In it a stunted crocodile called Dig Dug ate its way through various scenarios, gulping down sacks of gold and avoidin g getting crunched by androgynous aliens. In terms of time wasted on pointless activities though this was definitely a classic computer game in my book.

Then of course there was the first version of Halo. A testosterone fuelled, highly satisfying war game. And talking of testosterone I've just recalled a fourth classic computer game. How could I have forgotten Tomb Raider and the irresistible Lara Croft?

So you take my point that what makes a classic computer game is personal, is about the right time and the right place. Has lots to do with competition, good visuals and an addictive I'm not going to let this beat me hook. I'm left wondering who buys all those best sellers?

Find More Classic Computer Games Or a Bestseller? Issues

0 comments:

Post a Comment